First day of the tour
Wow, was the first day crazy in El Paso!!! Our day started at 8am where we had to load our luggage into the bus and head over to the venue. We started working at 10am on setting up the tents, etc. in 95 degree weather all throughout the day. There was a small group of us that were responsible for setting up a 20x20 "Dance like Shakira" tent, a misting tent, and a pull out tent. The large tent was SOOOOO hard and time consuming. No one knew it was going to be this hard. We finally got it up with all the lights and tech stuff in it around 2pm. There wasn't much going on at the venue until about 5pm and thats when I started to run the "Dance like Shakira" competition. Basically the contests consists of people dancing to "Hips Don't Lie" for 30 seconds in multiple sessions, where the winner of each session wins a prize and of those winners, one person is selected to be the winner of that show. All of the show winners are entered into a pool and 5 videos will be shown to Shakira and she will pick the final winner. The winner will get $3000, plus gifts, plus whatever. It was actually really fun to watch the really good dances and the not-so-good dancers. That lasted until about 8pm. I was able to take a very short dinner break around 7:30 and had dinner with Steve Fatone, who is the AV director for the tour. He told me Justin T is playing at the House of Blues at midnight, the same night we are in Vegas, SO I asked my tour manager if we can stay later that night and she said it should be a problem. Now I just have to get tickets to that show... :) While Shakira was onstage, we had to take down everything, which was NOT easy. I believe the tour manager and CEO of the company are going to look into hiring an outside labor source because it was just too much for us to handle.The tour finished around 10:30pm and we had to had out exit collaterol, such as Shakira posters and LG Chocolate phone coupons, etc. We actually didn't finish working until 11:30. The bus left for Phoenix (we are actually staying in Scottsdale) at 12:30 and we arrived about 8am. I didn't sleep very well on the bus. I am a light sleeper so every movement or brake that the bus made woke me up. I guess I'll just have to get used to it!
We have a day off today so I am probably just going to work out and go to the mall that is down the street. Perhaps take a nap as well.

<< Home