Friday, August 25, 2006

Finally the Road Trip is over! ...Chicago....

Let me just say Steven and I had a great time watching endless movies and drinking Red Bull vodkas...that makes time fly by. :)

We finally made it to Chicago!!! Bill drove 24 hours straight to get us to Chicago around 10am on Thursday morning. We walked to Little Italy (Taylor Street) and hand lunch at a cute japanese restaurant. After that, Karla and I decided to be productive during the day and explore the city! We took the Blue line metro train to State Street where we found a ton of cool shopping. There were also a bunch of older theatres that were neat to see. For dinner, we gathered a bunch of our group and went to Giordano's, famous for it's Chicago stuffed pizza. YUMMMMMY! Love it! Although, Zachary's pizza in Berkeley is pretty damn good, too! Steven made a great suggestion after dinner....to have a cocktail at the top of the John Hancock Center! 96 floors up is the Signature room where you can see the entire city...what a breathtaking site! Fergal got some great pics of the city so hopefully I can grab a few of those and put them on here. The boys wanted to go to a Hookah bar over on Weed street (ironic) but Karla and I weren't really feeling it, so I called up my friend Jake from SCU and headed over to his apt. He lives on the 8th floor with a really cool view of the city. Karla and I convinced him to come out with us so we went to Enclave, an AWESOME club about 3 blocks from his house. The cover was $20 for boys, but free for girls (yay!). I saw something I have never seen before....a drummer playing to the beat of the DJ's songs...it was awesome! We danced the night away until about 1:45am and hit up a cab for our Hotel...woohoo! Chicago is fun. :)

Today is our show day and then we head over to DC for a few days off. Verizon doesn't go to Canada so we get to skip that show...yippeeee!

Some pics:















Nebraska rest stop!
















Signature Room














Skyline view from Signature Room
Photo taken by Fergal















Jake, Karla, and I at Enclave















SHHHHH Be Quiet :)