Friday, September 22, 2006

Texas stops 3 of 6 - Houston, Corpus Christi, San Antonio

After Miami, we had a nice 1200 mile drive to Houston. We stopped in New Orleans for 24 hours to break up the drive and to see the city. It was a lot different than I thought it was going to be. First of all, it was escentually a ghost town. It was really dirty, too. I guess there is still a lot of crime and roberies going on. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza right on Bourbon and Canal Street. Burbon Street had a TON of bars and "drinks to go" places to stop. It was really dead in the day time but was a little busier in the evening. For lunch we ate at a cute restaurant called The Coffee Pot and I had a really delicious bowl of Gumbo, a New Orleans favorite! For dinner we went to a restauarant popular with the locals and had a chicken dish. It came with "greens," a type of kale, but I didn't like it at all. Elisia and I walked on Bourbon street just to do some people watching (I got a New Orleans Hurricane!) and there were a ton of drunks and scary people. Needless to say, it was a short night!
Houston and Corpus Christi were typical shows. I never knew Corpus Christi was right now the Gulf of Mexico...it was very pretty! For the CC show, all of the girls (and Lukas) were able to take a group picture with Shakira. It's so cute... I will put it online when I get a copy of it. :)
We had a day off in San Antonio and stayed at Hotel Valencia (same one as the one in Santana Row). The rooms were very nice and modern. The hotel was centered right on the "Riverwalk," a very popular, and apparently the only cool thing to do in San Antonio, man-made river that had a bunch of restaurants, bars, and shops. We walked around there for awhile being that was the only thing to do. We had dinner at a cool BBQ place called The County Line. Yummmmy. :) Have you ever seen a Mariachi band at a BBQ place? Yeah, definitely here. haha. The show today is at the AT&T center so we don't have to do any roll banners or posters today...less work for me!! Tomorrow we are in Da
llas and will be partying with Wyclef's crew I guess...woo hoo! :)










New Orleans











San Antonio Riverwalk